This time of the year, fall cleaning may look like a drag, but it doesn’t have to be. If you know a local cleaning company to provide you with the janitorial service you need, you will not have to put much effort in the job because you will only have to clean out your personal office space which should not take you more than half an hour.
Here are some tips to help you do it:
- Plan. Most of us don’t want to deal with papers, books, notes and other stuff which create a clutter on our work desks. Choose an exact date to remove or rearrange all these and stick to it.
- Sort. Basic sorting can help you manage your desk clutter. Get some boxes or containers to hold different stacks and a waste basket for everything you won’t need to keep.
- Be realistic about the things you really need. If while sorting you keep all of the stuff you have but don’t use, you risk to be surrounded by the same clutter sooner than you expect. Do you really need those stacks of old magazines and newspapers? And what about the office supplies that you have never used? Do not be afraid to throw everything which you do not need on a daily basis.
- Cut down your writing utensils to a minimum. It is very unlikely that you will need more than 3 pens, a sharp pencil, and a bunch of highlighters or sticky notes.
- Organizers. Buying trays, hanging storage for your wall or magazine holders can be really useful.
- Make cleaning fun. A cup of warm coffee and some nice tunes will make decluttering your office space a pleasure. So, what are you waiting for?